- BENEFITS OF RED KIWIFRUIT
- All you need to know about Otitis media(ear infection) treatments
All you need to know about Otitis media(ear infection) treatments
Otitis media(ear infection) treatments
- On 2021-04-07
- 0 comments
TRUE FACTS ABOUT OTITIS MEDIA
Otitis media also called middle ear infection is a soreness situated in the midway ear. Most of the time around 3 or 4 children have a history of this sickness at the age of 3 years.
The main cause of this sickness has to do with a cold, sore throat, or respiratory infection.
Read till the end to know more about the cause, symptoms, and treatments of this sickness.
OTITIS MEDIA CAUSES
Midway ear infections are usually a result of a malfunction of the eustachian tube, a canal that links the middle ear with the throat area. The eustachian tube helps to equalize the pressure between the outer ear and the middle ear. When this tube is not working properly, it prevents normal drainage of fluid from the middle ear, causing a build-up of fluid behind the eardrum. When this fluid cannot drain, it allows for the growth of bacteria and viruses in the ear that can lead to acute otitis media. The following are some of the reasons that the eustachian tube may not work properly:
- A cold or allergy can lead to swelling and congestion of the lining of the nose, throat, and eustachian tube (this swelling prevents the normal drainage of fluids from the ear)
- A malformation of the eustachian tube
OTITIS MEDIA SYMPTOMS
Otitis symptoms manifest differently according to each child. Among those symptoms we have:
- Unusual irritability
- Difficulty sleeping or staying asleep
- Tugging or pulling at one or both ears
- Fever, especially in infants and younger children
- Fluid draining from ear(s)
- Loss of balance
- Hearing difficulties
- Ear pain
OTITIS MEDIA TREATMENTS
It has to do with medical and natural treatment.
Our nature offers us a lot of virtues through our plants and roots. To overcome otitis media sickness naturalist has made a lot of research and they bring out a natural remedy made from medicinal plants and leaves. It has been proven effective and has no side effects. People have been testifying about it. For more information about our natural remedy kindly click on the link below:
Otitis treatment depends on the child’s state according to:
- Your child's age, overall health, and medical history
The extent of the condition
- Your child's tolerance for specific medications, procedures, or therapies
- Expectations for the course of the condition
- Your opinion or preference
Treatment may include :
- Antibiotic medication by mouth or ear drops
- Medication (for pain and fever)
- A combination of the above
Treatment will depend on the type of otitis media. Consult your child's health care provider regarding treatment options.
OTITIS MEDIA PREVENTION
To overcome otitis media, you need to follow some step like:
- Prevent common colds and other illnesses. Teach your children to wash their hands frequently and thoroughly and do not share eating and drinking utensils. Teach your children to cough or sneeze into the crook of their arms. If possible, limit the time your child spends in group child care. A child care setting with fewer children may help. Try to keep your child home from child care or school when ill.
- Avoid secondhand smoke. Make sure that no one smokes in your home. Away from home, stay in smoke-free environments.
- Breast-feed your baby. If possible, breastfeed your baby for at least six months. Breast milk contains antibodies that may offer protection from ear infections.
- If you bottle-feed, hold your baby in an upright position. Avoid propping a bottle in your baby's mouth while he or she is lying down. Don't put bottles in the crib with your baby.
- Talk to your doctor about vaccinations. Ask your doctor about what vaccinations are appropriate for your child. Seasonal flu shots, pneumococcal, and other bacterial vaccines may help prevent ear infections.
To get in contact with our natural remedy kindly call us on: